Active since 2005, the Department of Psychology and Cognitive Science offers an integrated approach to the study of the mind, the brain and human behavior.
By employing methodologies pertaining to disciplines like psychology, neuroscience, pedagogy, philosophy, sociology, cultural studies and cognitive technologies, all of which pertain to the cognitive sciences, research and teaching within the department aims at capturing and understanding the variables involved in all aspects of human behavior.
The Department is located in Corso Bettini, 84 – 38068 Rovereto, Italy, about 25km from Trento. All classrooms are equipped with multimedia technology for teaching and students can use dedicated computers in the Department's laboratories. The university library is located at the Mart, Museum of Modern and Contempoary Art of Rovereto.
The Department offers the following programs:
- Science and Methods of Cognitive Psychology
- Interfaces and Communication Technologies
- Professional Educator (jointly with the Faculty of Medicine, Ferrara University)
- Clinical Psychology
- Work and Organizational Psychology
- Human-Computer-Interaction (jointly with DISI (Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science of the University of Trento)
- Data Science
- Medicne and Surgery
More information about the programmes can be found here: Education
The Departement collaborates with the Doctoral Programme in Cognitive Science