Active since 2005, the Department of Psychology and Cognitive Sciences offers an integrated approach to the study of the mind, the brain and behavior.
Cognitive science, by employing methodologies pertaining to disciplines like psychology, neuroscience, philosophy, linguistics, and ergonomics, aims at capturing and understanding the variables involved in the different aspects of human behavior.
The Department offers the following programs:
- Science and Methods of Cognitive Psychology
- Interfaces and Communication Technologies
- Professional Educator (jointly with the Faculty of Medicine, Ferrara University)
- Psychology with two specializations:
- Work and Organizational Psychology
- Human-computer Interaction (jointly with the Dept. of Information and Engineering and Computer Science)
- International PhD program in Psychological Science and Education